HE SEES HER IN A WAY SHE
COULD NEVER SEE HERSELF.
SHE HAS NEVER FELT MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN WHEN SHE WAS IN HIS ARMS.
Tempting Tempo (Standalone) by Michelle Mankin!
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2cF7zHe
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2d6eX2K
Sager Reed, the strong and silent bassist of the rock band Tempest, is well acquainted with loss. The thoughtful artist’s own tattoos only hint at his turbulent youth. He buries his guilt about it deeply within his troubled heart.
Melinda T. Belle, the daughter of a dysfunctional rock legend, as a rule avoids emotional entanglement. In fact, she has turned her back on nearly everyone and everything she has ever known. Now she is alone, trying desperately to find fulfillment in the one dream she has left, competitive skiing.
CAN SAGER OVERCOME HIS DARK PAST AND FINALLY BELIEVE THAT HE IS WORTHY OF HER LOVE?
WILL MELINDA REALIZE TOO LATE THAT HE IS THE ONE THAT REALLY MATTERS?
“Let it go, Bluebelle,” I chastised myself aloud as I passed the tower with the unloading sign. Lifting the bar, I slid forward at the designated area, pointed the tips of my skis upward and leaned slightly forward as soon as my skis were completely on the ground. I stood, balanced and glided away with the chair providing the push. I was alone once I reached the turn to the snow cross course. I paused to take in a few mouthfuls of crisp clear high altitude air as I stared out at the amazing view. Top of the mountain. My favorite place to put things into perspective. The world spread out before me, an endless stretch of blue sky and grey mountains. The clouds below looked like a river of puffy cotton balls between snowcapped peaks. The early morning rays transformed last night’s snow into a carpet of glistening crystal.
Don’t think about Sager. Don’t think about the past, and whatever you do don’t you dare feel sorry for yourself. You got by on your own before April, before Tempest, before…him. You can do it again. It’s better this way. Safer. A heart can only take so much battering around before it runs out of reasons to keep beating.
Video INTERVIEW with Michelle Mankin
About the Author:
Michelle Mankin is the New York Times bestselling author of the Black Cat Records series of novels.
Rock Stars. Romance. Redemption.
Love Evolution, Love Revolution, and Love Resolution are a BRUTAL STRENGTH centered trilogy, combining the plot underpinnings of Shakespeare with the drama, excitement, and indisputable sexiness of the rock 'n roll industry.
Things take a bit of an edgier, once upon a time turn with the TEMPEST series. These pierced, tatted, and troubled Seattle rockers are young and on the cusp of making it big, but with serious obstacles to overcome that may prevent them from ever getting there.
Rock stars, myths, and legends collide with paranormal romance in a totally mesmerizing way in the MAGIC series.
Catch the perfect wave with irresistible surfers in the ROCK STARS, SURF AND SECOND CHANCES series.
Romance and self-discovery, the FINDING ME series is a Tempest spin off with a more experienced but familiar cast of characters.
When Michelle is not prowling the streets of her Texas town listening to her rock or NOLA funk music much too loud, she is putting her daydreams down on paper or traveling the world with her family and friends, sometimes for real, and sometimes just for pretend.
Connect with Michelle Mankin on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-Michelle-Mankin/233503403414065
On Twitter: https://twitter.com/MichelleMankin
On her website: http://www.michellemankin.com/
On Instagram: https://instagram.com/michellemankin/
Receive the Black Cat Records newsletter: http://eepurl.com/Lvgzf
An ultimate Tempest groupie tote with signed paperbacks of all five books in the series, a Tempest lanyard, Tempest & Black Cat Records
concert bracelets and tats and a Fender bottle opener.
*ARC is received though TRSoR Promotions in exchange for an an honest review*
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤ (4 Beauty Stars)
Tempting Tempo is not your average Rockstar Romance. It is really emotional, heartwarming and extremely touching.
This story really touch my heart in the way I would never imagine it would. It is a love story yes, but I would like to think it delivered more than that.
It have this strong message on anorexia nervosa and also inspire us to stay strong when something awful happened in our life that takes away our dreams and crushes all our hope. It encourage us to find the power within ourselves to move forward.
I think I have never cried as much as I did when reading this book and mind you, I'm a quite sensitive reader and I cried a lot. When reading this, I feels like my heart is breaking into pieces and then it got sewn back together. That is how heartbreaking it is. It just hurts so good and I enjoyed every second of it. And I'm super happy that it has a beautiful HEA so it really feels like a satisfying read albeit an emotionally one.
(or in other words, Things that I love about the book)
1. I love how Sager is so protective, caring and so into Melinda pretty much from the start. His characterization is so perfect and I'm also digging the fact that he also can draw beautifully. Such a perfection!
2. I am so liking Melinda's persistence to get her independence from her dad to do what she love with all the difficulty she have to face in the earlier phase of the story and I absolutely admire how she picked herself up after the devastating incident and fighting her way back to Sager. I really love the courage and the fighting spirit in her.
3. I have always love it when there is a beautiful lyric in a story and Beauty is beautifully written with beautiful lyrics and beautiful meaning and I just can't help from imagining myself listening to it on radio. I bet it would be a chart-topper!
(or in other words, Things that I dislike in the book)
1. Melinda's dad. Oh my gosh. I can't believe him. What a terrible daddy he is to Melinda. I am really hating him when he is not helping Melinda the way he should be when she really needs him and it broke my heart that even his 'girlfriend' was there to help her when he wasn't. I am so proud and happy that Melinda finally stood up to him and pretty much tell him goodbye.
2. King's attitude towards Melinda. I understand his resistance to approve on Melinda but when it being continued for quite a long time I'm kind of annoyed. But maybe it is just me. I am intrigued though if King will ever get his own story and I'm interested to know who will he ends up with. I mean he is such a playboy and I would love to see it when he finally falls in love.
Having said all that, I would totally recommend Tempting Tempo to those who love rockstar romance and wouldn't afraid to read one that will really consumed you as much as it consumed me. And if you're a sensitive reader as I am, it would be great if you prepared a Kleenex in advance :)